obey-robots.txt
View Thread
Web Master Trouble » Linux Apache MySQL PHP optimalisation tips tricks » Linux tutorials, Tips & Tricks
Was this usefull?
Yes Yes 100%[1 Vote]
No No 0%[0 Votes]
Total Votes : 1
 Print Thread
Solution for error ModSecurity: collections_remove_stale: Failed deleting collection
webmastertrouble
Man this error bugged me for a long time. On the internet there are no ready to use solutions found. Well now there is after long research!

ModSecurity: collections_remove_stale: Failed deleting collection (name "ip", key 

The above error message arises when you enable 1 of these 2 rules from the experimental_rules set in my case.
The affected rules are:

modsecurity_crs_11_brute_force.conf
modsecurity_crs_11_dos_protection.conf

(Also check other files and search for "timeout". If you have a rule with timeout in it, then this rule is the culprit. Do not remove modsecurity_crs_10_setup.conf)

These rules track connections and store the info in:

/tmp/ip.dir
tmp/ip.pag

For some reason (bug) the files cannot be opened anymore to remove the collection.

Remove the rules and delete the ip.dir and ip.pag files. Then restart apache.
Check your apache error_log and convince yourself the error is gone.

I can live without these rules because my CSF firewall takes care of it.

Oh and you'll notice that your server has a lot more of free memory! These tracking rules consumes a lot of memory.

Jump to Forum
New Thread Post Reply
Use BBcode or HTML to refer to; 'Solution for error ModSecurity: collections_remove_stale: Failed deleting collection'
BBcode:
HTML:
Simular threads
Subject Discussion Forum         Last Post
Solution for very large mod_security modsec_audit.log Linux tutorials, Tips & Tricks : 1 04-01-2015