Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Last Seen Users
Your ad here below
View Thread
Web Master Trouble » Linux Apache MySQL PHP optimalisation tips tricks » Linux tutorials, Tips & Tricks
Linux tutorials, Tips & Tricks Getting started with SSH An introduction to NGINX, PHP-FPM and MariaDB on CentOS An introduction to NGINX, PHP-FPM and MariaDB on Ubuntu Getting started with OpenVZ! Handle DNS properly with cPanel Munin amass, all your server charts in one place Monitoring server performance with Munin! Getting started with OpenVPN (client) Getting started with OpenVPN (server) Your own mail server with Virtualmin IPtables: IPv6 and more rules
Was this usefull?
Yes Yes 100%[1 Vote]
No No 0%[0 Votes]
Total Votes : 1
 Print Thread

Solution for error ModSecurity: collections_remove_stale: Failed deleting collection

webmastertrouble
Man this error bugged me for a long time. On the internet there are no ready to use solutions found. Well now there is after long research!

Download source  Code
ModSecurity: collections_remove_stale: Failed deleting collection (name "ip", key

The above error message arises when you enable 1 of these 2 rules from the experimental_rules set in my case.
The affected rules are:
Download source  Code
modsecurity_crs_11_brute_force.conf
modsecurity_crs_11_dos_protection.conf

(Also check other files and search for "timeout". If you have a rule with timeout in it, then this rule is the culprit. Do not remove modsecurity_crs_10_setup.conf)

These rules track connections and store the info in:
Download source  Code
/tmp/ip.dir
tmp/ip.pag

For some reason (bug) the files cannot be opened anymore to remove the collection.

Remove the rules and delete the ip.dir and ip.pag files. Then restart apache.
Check your apache error_log and convince yourself the error is gone.

I can live without these rules because my CSF firewall takes care of it.

Oh and you'll notice that your server has a lot more of free memory! These tracking rules consumes a lot of memory.

Jump to Forum:
New Thread Post Reply
Use this BBcode or HTML to refer to; 'Solution for error ModSecurity: collections_remove_stale: Failed deleting collection'
BBcode:
HTML:
Vergelijkbare onderwerpen
Thread Forum Replies Last Post
Solution for very large mod_security modsec_audit.log Linux tutorials, Tips & Tricks 1 04-01-2015 00:05